Today i noticed something strange when moving a users mailbox to another exchange mailbox server.
The Mailbox migrating went correct, the mailbox has succesfull moved to another mailbox server but at the ‘old’ location still resides a mailbox for that user. The users mailbox has the status orphaned (Red cross)
When trying to purge the mailbox The following error occurred:
The operation cannot be performed because this mailbox is already reconnected to an existing user.
ID no: c1034ad6
Exchange System Manager.
I try manually run the “Start Mailbox Management Process” and the “Run Cleanup Agent” but it not solve the error.
Then i changed the “Keep deleted mailboxes for (days)” to 0.
I run the “Cleanup Agent’ again and the mailbox and the mailbox can be purged.
Follow these steps below to perform the solution.
- Start Exchange System Manager
- Open ‘Administrative groups’
- Select the correct administrative group
- Open the serve and browseto the First Storage Group.
- Open First Storage Group.
- Select Mailbox Store
- Right click en select properties
- Select tab ‘limits’ and change the “Keep deleted mailboxes for (days)” into 0. (Default 30)
- Select tab ‘database’ and change ‘maintenance interval’ into (customize) to all day ’24 hour’ for the day.
- Apply the new settings
- Open Mailbox Store.
- Select Mailboxes
- Right click and select ‘Run Cleanup Agent’
- The mailboxes will removed
- Change the settings back to the orignal settings you changed in the steps above.